Friday, 20 April 2012

Morgana Cryptoria lipsticks

Hi all! I haven't posted in a while, because I went on a short holiday to Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespeare county! Loved it, btw) and have been preoccupied with course work. But I received my order from Morgana Cryptoria today, so I thought I'd post!

I ordered four lipsticks in Peach Champagne, Fiery Pumpkin, Apple Plum, and Electric Azalea, and two gel lipsticks in Persephone and Athena.
I had to pay £15.06 customs charge *grumble grumble* Most stuff I order from the US slips by, but unfortunately not this time!
They arrived in a cute little bag which was a nice touch :)


Swatches of lipsticks (descriptions from Morgana Cryptoria website):

Peach Champagne
"Peach with gold tones and a pearl sheen."

Fiery Pumpkin
"A shimmer of gold and red on a rust-orange base."

Apple Plum
"Muted red with just a hint of plum sheen."

Electric Azalea
"Vivid pink with sparkles that change blue-violet to red-violet."

Gel lipsticks:

Persephone
"Pink champagne that shifts peach-gold-green."

Athena
"Red toned purple with sparkles that change red to orange-gold."


The regular lipstick formula is really nice and long wearing on me. I really love Fiery Pumpkin, and had to snap it up when I saw it was to be discontinued. My favourite though is Electric Azalea, it's a really striking pink!
The gel lipstick was a little harder to apply, the formula is quite thick so very thin coats should be applied in layers, with a light hand. Morgana Cryptoria advises that you don't purse your lips or rub them together as it unsettles the finish. Apparently they are liable to melt in high temperatures - luckily I live in cold rainy England, lol. I guess if they felt too soft, I could stick them in the fridge. Both Persephone and Athena are gorgeous colours, and look very glossy as you can see.

You can buy these lipsticks from Morgana Cryptoria's website. She sells other makeup too, so check it out if you haven't already :)

I'll be posting some more NYX lipstick swatches soon, so you'll soon be bored of seeing my lips all the time! Lol! I'm a total lippie addict obviously, so if you want to recommend me lip products to try out, please do so!

20 comments:

  1. I really love the electric azalea lipstick color! thanks for your visit on my blog and for your sweet comment, now i'm happy to be your follower Keep in touch with fashion
    and if you like follow me also on
    FACEBOOK
    CHICISSIMO
    BLOGLOVIN
    LOOKBOOK

    have a good day... KISS KISS JEASMINE
    KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks v much for the comment and follow :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the Apple Plum one :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really stunning, but if it were any more brown I wouldn't be able to wear it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog! Visit mine http://pleasestrikeapose.blogspot.com/ and if you like it follow me!
Please if you follow me on GFC follow me also on Bloglovin' because I haven't still understood if it will be removed! http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2642744/please-strike-a-pose
    
Love, Martina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'll check it out. I don't use Bloglovin though :)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear,

    I just awarded you The Versatile Blogger award

    Check my post at http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    XO
    http://theglossyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. I don't know how those things work but that's nice :)

      Delete
  5. Hi gorgeous,
    you have a blog very well structured and with lots of useful suggestions - I love make up! I'm your new follower and would like to invite you to visit mine and to follow back if you appreciate it.
    wish you lots of success!!!
    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aida, thanks so much for your sweet comments, I will check your block out and follow back. thanks for following :)

      Delete
  6. Hi lovely,
    I totally love Athena lipstick;)
    Thank you for sharing
    I just found your blog...it's so cute!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    I'm starting and I'm following now on Google Friends Connect:)
    I hope you like my blog too!
    Have a great day:)
    Xoxo
    Mary
    Fashion tea at 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for commenting on following. I will return the favour :)

      Delete
  7. great blog and photos :) if you like, follow me and i'll follow you back on google friend connect xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sure I'll follow, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Hi dear, your blog is really amazing! Fascinating posts! I just love it and I'm following! I hope you'll visit me and follow mine too.

    Kisses,
    Anny Mart, blogger from Russia
    www.annymart.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! Yes I will follow as your blog looks great but I have to translate it, lol! x

      Delete
  9. love your lipstic!!!
    follow you!!
    if you like follow me back!!
    http://lovelydaytodress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments!

Please let me know if you follow me, so that I can return the favour - otherwise it may slip my mind! :)

Also please do not come here begging for a follow if you don't intend to follow me back. Thank yooou.